Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Mergler






Well, Jack is now 10 months old. It is amazing how quickly the time has gone by and that I am already beginning to think about and plan his 1st birthday. He is such a blessing in our lives! Ryan and I stayed up late last night talking in bed about all the wonderful and neat things that Jack is doing now. He loves his Mozart cube and seems to sing a long with it while it plays...singing "OOOooooOOOooo." He loves placing his toys on the window sills, ottoman, coffee table, laundry baskets, kitchen chairs and then taking the toy back down again. He loves balls, bubbles and books. He says "Da" when he sees Ryan, "ball" to his ball, the "p" sound when we point to his planets, and he calls me "Ball." I must look like a ball or something or maybe since he loves his ball so much, he is letting me know that he loves me as much as his ball. ;) He also loves trying to say the word "wow."

Well, you are probably wondering why I titled this post "The Mergler." As many of you know, Ryan loves creating nicknames for people. I am Snackies, his mom is Ollie, his brother is Critter, Blake is Stottletots, Erin is Ezzzy, Molly is Molybdenum, Marc is Dirtbag, Jesse is Javelina and the list goes on and on... Anyhow, Jack somehow got the name Mergler and it has stuck. Ryan will text me during the day, "how is the merg?" I will text things back like, "the merg is napping." Even our moms call and ask, "how is the little mergler?" I am not sure how this name came to be and why it stuck, but I suppose it is some form of affection that we show to Jack, the mergler.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Jack is getting so big! I can't believe how quickly he is growing up and starting to look like a little boy instead of a baby. I love you and miss you, Jen!
Amie