Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Florida Get-a-way!


My sister Lisa and I met up in Florida for a weekend away without the kids! We had a great time and caught up on some much needed rest and relaxation. The weather was so-so as you can see in the picture (we are a bit bundled up); but that did not stop us from enjoying some shopping, a movie, dinners out, reading, sleeping in and some nice walks and runs. My mom is there for the month of February, so we also were able to enjoy some time with her and with my Grandpa. A special thanks goes out to Ryan and his mom for taking such great care of my little Jack. I really appreciated the refreshing weekend! In fact, I found a great airline deal and Jack and I will be going back to Florida next week! Crazy and spontaneous, but I figure I need to take advantage of this flexible time we now have before he starts school, he can fly for free still and who knows where we might be living this time next year!

1 comment:

Amie said...

How Fun!!! I would still LOVE for us to plan a weekend together somewhere before you all have another baby :). I miss you so much! I am sad that my computer does not have sound b/c I really want to hear little Jack's voice in the cute videos! I guess that means you'll have to come visit so that I can hear him in person:)
Amie