Monday, December 1, 2008

Catching up....

Jack with his Great Abuelita and Grandma

In early November, Jack and I went to San Marcos to meet up with Ryan's mom and Jack's Great Abuelita. (Ryan was in South Dakota with his dad pheasant hunting.) We had a great time, and Jack loved playing and spending time with both his Grandmas. His Great Abuelita is full Navajo Indian. How cool is it that Jack has that heritage in his ancestry! We need to take the time to sit down with her and listen to her stories so that we can share them with Jack as he grows older.
A week after we returned, Jack got pretty sick. It started out as a cough and then he began throwing up. He was so weak and fatigued and lost a lot of weight...as a mother it was so scary to watch my poor baby. I was so worried that he was getting dehydrated because he would not take any fluids. After about a week, he finally started to feel better. We had to keep his diet pretty bland for a while, so now it seems that all he likes to eat is starches and fruit! He used to be such a great eater! =)
Ryan's mom happened to be here during that time because she was going to babysit while Ryan and I went to the Randy Rogers concert mentioned in my previous blog. Because Jack was so sick, Ryan and I decided not to go so we will have to catch the next concert!

No comments: