Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer 2009

The summer has flown by, and I have been a terrible blogger! Although, I do have a good excuse...my computer short circuited and was out being repaired, so here I am catching up on all of the fun we have been having!!!

Jack graduated from his Little Gym class in June. Daddy stopped in from work to take part in the festivities. It was so special to have him there and Jack loved showing him all the things he could do at Gym class!


His first ribbon!

He loved playing with the balls!

Jack and Daddy talking by the balance beam.
Jack and I headed to Indy at the end of June/first of July. We had such a great visit there spending time with my parents, sisters, brother in laws, nieces, and nephews. We also enjoyed spending the 4th of July at Carol Jo and Sherman's farm. Jack loved Uncle Sherman's combine! The weather was perfect and was a good break from the Texas heat! We may have to spend more time up there in the summer months! Here are some pictures from our travels there:


Lisa, Joe, Rachel, Jack and me



Jack and his cousin Gretchen



Jack with Grandma & Grandpa



Jack with his cousin David (a.k.a. according to Jack: Cookie Monster)




Jack and Grandpa with his "J" pancake. He still talks about it!




My parents with the grand kids!


Jack and I took a rode trip in mid July to visit the Hayter (my cousins) ranch in far west Texas. We had such a wonderful time, and it was truly special to be able to share that place with him. It was great seeing my cousins and Aunt Carol Jo! Jack still talks about Joe Bob climbing windmills, throwing rocks (there is not a shortage of them out there!), Happy the dog, Mike & Ike the horses and the wagon ride, feeding chickens, Bob and "Fancy's" House, and how Bob calls to the cows "Wooaa!" Here are some pictures from our time out there-Enjoy!




A wagon ride with the horses Mike & Ike. It was so much fun, and the horses were beautiful!







Jack feeding the chickens.



Jack and Joe Bob at the windmill.



Jack at the entrance of the Hayter Ranch.
Well that is an update of our summer adventures so far!!!!!










































2 comments:

Amie said...

Sweet, Jenbo Sue! I miss you, I do! I'm such a poet :) I loved all of your new pictures! How fun to see Jack with Jim Bob! I remember how much you LOVED going to the ranch during the summers with Carol Jo! Jack is getting so big! I am so blessed by the time I got to spend with you guys! It will be wonderful to be back in IN and get to see you more often in a couple of years! Tell Ryan I said hi! We love you all so much!! Amie FBF :)
oh, how sweet to see that your Dad is still making pancakes for breakfast:)

Amie said...

Sorry I said Jim Bob! I was thinking about Jim Bob Duggar! :)
Amie